Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dirty South Road Trip

I think the summer actually started for me in March (actually spring break) when I went on an awesome road trip through the Dirty South with my buddies Nate, Jonathan, and Arthur.

We hit up the Louisville Slugger Museum, Canterbury Downs, and University of Louisville in (a) Louisville, KY; the downtown-live country music scene, the Parthenon, and the Tennessee state capital building in (b)Nashville, TN; explored Mammoth Cave before driving through Alabama and checking out downtown (c)Birmingham; relaxing at the gulf in (d)Biloxi, MS; took a stroll down Bourbon St. and hit up the French Quarter before eating some gator in (e)New Orleans, LA; and watched the ducks strut their stuff at the Peabody, saw the National Civil Rights
Museum, and spent a night on Beale St. enjoying some jazz and blues music in (f)Memphis, TN. All-in-all it was a great trip! The South is a different place and it was a lot of fun to be road-tripping with the boys. Nashville was definitely my favorite, New Orleans was my least. We ate some great BBQ along the way. I'll have to take another trip to Tennessee to get to see some of the things we didn't have time for (Graceland, etc.).

Here are some highlights from the trip:The whole group at the Louisville Slugger Museum - apparently guys don't like to pose for pictures the way I do - weird!Funny story - I wanted to climb on and ride Barbaro, but apparently you're not supposed to do that so a lady came out, "Ma'am, Ma'am!" This is my face after I was yelled at and I demounted the horse - Priceless!Mammouth Caves in Kentucky -- the longest caves in the US.Tennessee State Capital BuildingNashville nightlife - Tootsie's
This place was a hopping Honky-Tonk bar for a Monday night --its pretty famous"Spring Break... Spring Break!" at the Parthenon in Nashville
Biloxi, MS
The Gulf of Mexico
Check out those Mardi Gras beads -- New Orleans, LA
I have entitled this picture "Walking in Memphis, walking with my feet ten feet off the Beale."
Beale St. night life -- there were some awesome bands playing all up and down the street

No comments:

Post a Comment