Sunday, December 19, 2010

Thanksgiving in the Ohio

I went and hung out at Becky's new house in Columbus, Ohio for Thanksgiving this year. My parents drove out from NY to join in the festivities. What a better way to remember a Stuetz party than by sharing all the food we ate: We started off the festivities by going out for our traditional Chinese meal the night before Thanksgiving (my family always goes out for a really nice Chinese meal the night before Thanksgiving... why, you may ask? Because its tradition!). On Thanksgiving we had our traditional Thanksgiving turkey and meal. The next night we went to Germantown in downtown Columbus and enjoyed some authentic German grub (I've come to realize that German food really isn't all that great). Then on Saturday the Duke and I enjoyed some good Indian food, followed by a visit to the Mexican tienda down the street. Columbus is a very diverse area. We also celebrated the season by doing a little Black Friday Shopping -- thanks Duke, Mammy, and Becky for getting me some clothes for Christmas at massively discounted prices -- it was a very successful day of shopping and I didn't have to spend a dime! My parents and the Thompsons hadn't seen Harry Potter yet, so we did a quick Harry Potter marathan and went to go see the 7th movie this weekend also. Then we spent Saturday working out in Becky's yard, trying to get it ready for the fence makers to work their magic. Duke got out the chainsaw, and Becky and I clipped branches and hauled logs from the back to front yard. Nate had fun playing in the leaves while we slaved away. All-in-all it was a fun little weekend getaway. I was glad to see little Nate Dawg and he was certainly glad to have some fresh faces to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment