Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I've got the itch...



2 days left in my internship, yeah! I can't wait to be done... but that's not the itch I'm talking about.


So, I haven't been feeling well for about a week and a half. Its been kind of miserable -- stuffed up head and nose, headaches as a result. Then I was prescribed some medicine (from my dentist -- so it had nothing to do with original illness). After taking Amoxicillin for about 24 hours my original illness was feeling much better, I was able to breath better, the headaches were going away, the pressure was going away.... and then... I started itching uncontrollably. I didn't think anything of it, I mean, sometimes you just have to itch your wrists. Then my entire body started itching and burning. It is seriously one of the most uncomfortable feelings I Have ever experienced. I couldn't sleep for 2 nights straight because my feet were burning and itchy. I seriously couldn't figure out why I was so itchy-- I didn't have a rash or anything. Then I remembered the duke mentioning that he was allergic to penicillin once, and it hit me: I have inherited alot of unpleasant things from the Duke (squatty legs, stubbornness, etc.), it seems as though I have also inherited his penicillin allergy. You would think that as a 25 year old you would know if you were allergic to something. But I don't get sick often and haven't ever had to have any penicillin-based medication before. Needless-to-say I stopped taking the Amoxicillin and my itchiness went down alot. But it is still here -- my skin is still sensitive to heat and touch and is still kind of itchy. It better go away fast, because its driving me crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm allergic to Amoxicillin too!! I found out when they gave it to me for my wisdom teeth. Except I did have a rash. Poor us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought there for a minute you were going to say that the kids gave you lice!! ehh--good thing that is not the case becuase there is no way you're giving it to us!! haha Happy driving!

    ReplyDelete