As a ward activity, Dinkytown ward did an overnighter to Nauvoo, IL. I hadn't been there since I was a little kid and so it was neat to go back and check the place out. We did a session in the Nauvoo temple (which is gorgeous), dorked around town, saw some of the historic town sites, and went to Carthage jail. It amazes me when I think about how much happened in Nauvoo. Growing up in central New York, I went to Palmyra several times a year. I had even driven through and stopped in Kirtland several times on my way to and from BYU. It was cool to get to experience another important place in LDS history for a change.
My favorite picture from the trip... I think this picture captures the personalities of everyone in it.
Here I am climbing on yet another statue... I think James is trying to feed the horse?

No comments:
Post a Comment