To get into the spirit of Missouri I went out to one of the guy's in my ward (John) house in the country to do some shooting. He had all sorts of guns. We shot a 9mm, 22, special 38?, a big old revolver, and then two guns that were way old -- I don't know how old they really are, but they are the kind you put gun powder and a ball bullet in.
Shooting the 22 -- this one was nothing compared to the others...
John and Jake loading the musket with the black powder and ball.
I have to admit that I have discovered that I'm not much of a gun person. They kind of freak me out. I shot the 9mm first and I was really scared that the kick-back was going to knock me out or something. It took me a couple minutes to psych myself into actually shooting the thing. My palms got all sweaty, and I got all nervous, it didn't feel too good. The only one that didn't freak me out was the 22. I really don't like the feeling that I could accidentally shoot something or somebody and end up ending their life. I don't like dangerous things like that. Apparently I'm not as much of a thrill seeker as I thought I was. I was excited to tell my dad that I shot a gun for the first time!
Shooting the 22 -- this one was nothing compared to the others...
John and Jake loading the musket with the black powder and ball.

Kindof a freaky first date I'd say...turns out to be some creepy killer! I remember the first time I shot a rifle up at Badger Creek for Quest...I don't really care for shooting myself!
ReplyDelete