Saturday, September 11, 2010

WAFFLEHOUSE


Last night I experienced the WaffleHouse for the first time. During the Dirty South Road Trip in March we kept seeing signs everywhere for the WaffleHouse. Apparently it is the Southern, ghetto version of an IHOP type restaurant. We even got so far as to walk into a WaffleHouse in Mississippi, but because it was so full we decided to get back on the road and stop at the next one... we didn't, and I have been wanting to try it out ever since.

I went to WaffleHouse with Loni, Shenghua and Jake. We were the only customers in the place on a Friday night. The food was greasy and delicious. The little waffle-makers reminded me of breakfast at the Cannon Center at BYU where I could make my own waffles and cover them with strawberries. The people working at WaffleHouse didn't have any teeth. The chef literally put about 1/4 a cup of oil/butter into a skillet before dropping the eggs in to make Jake's omelet. It was good tasting food -- but after leaving, I felt a little sick. The food was delightfully disgusting. If you're looking for a cheap, greasy meal with some serious entertainment from the ghetto staff -- WAFFLEHOUSE is the place to go.

2 comments:

  1. Um, isn't it delightful? I love that ghetto place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really good, haha, i am eating like an american~~ btw,my name ]]]

    ReplyDelete