Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nauvoo Take Two


There was a YSA conference in Nauvoo a few weeks ago. I didn't really want to go, but wanted to go to the temple, so I went anyway. The drive up there as quite enjoyable. We went on some backroads out in the country. The countryside is really beautiful out here. We stopped and had dinner at some diner in a small down. It was delicious homestyle cooking. The conference ended up being a lot better than I expected. I really got a lot out of the speakers and workshops -- and was able to put some things into perspective. A couple of people from my ward in Minneapolis came down for the conference, and I had a lot of fun catching up with them. And I got my scriptures back that I had left in Minnesota! All in all, it was a nice weekend. Last time I was at Nauvoo this summer I took a wonderful picture up on the horse (as you can see in one of my earlier posts). This time I wanted to take another, as part of a new tradition that I now plan on upholding everytime I come to Nauvoo. But the two people I was with told me that getting on the statue was desecrating church property. Way to ruin my fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment