Saturday, October 9, 2010

Roots 'n Blues 'n BBQ


Columbia has this really cool weekend festival called Roots 'n Blues 'n BBQ. Musicians from all over come and play outdoor concerts and they serve a lot of BBQ. It was a pretty fun event. There were 3 outdoor stages and it definitely brought the whole town of Columbia out to celebrate. We saw some stellar performances and ate some delightful BBQ. I went around taste testing all the different BBQ sauces to figure out which one I like best (apparently that's not very mannerly). I have come to the conclusion that Kansas City style and Tennessee style are my favorite. Carolina style is my least. Shemekia Copeland was amazing! Those Darlins -- not that great. Anders Osbourne was also amazing! This event was also a hit because it was a great time to do some good old Missouri, people watching.


No comments:

Post a Comment