Thursday, November 11, 2010

Work rooms and Copy centers

Have you ever seen that episode of The Office about how the water dispenser is where all the secretive conversation and gossip happens in an office? I have come to realize that the teacher workroom is the water dispenser of a school. Do you know how much teachers like to gab? I have heard so much juicy gossip about the horrible families these kids come from, and the crazy things my coworkers do. Its actually kind of disturbing the amount of personal information that is spread in the workroom. You'd think people would value their privacy and the privacy of others they work with; besides the fact that it is pretty unethical (and illegal in the case of SPED kids) to talk about students' home lives and other private information to people who do not have a "need to know."

On a side note, as I spent about 2 hours in the teacher work room this evening during parent-teacher conferences making copies, binding progress monitoring books, and setting up schedules for data collect, I pondered on my 2.5 years of work at the Cougar Copy Center. Who knew all those late nights of unjamming crappy copiers, creating packets for professors, and doing my homework with the aroma of Abercrombie's Fierce wafting through the air would come in handy? Coug, you have treated me well!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love the smell of Fierce! The Coug was really good to us. Good times!

    ReplyDelete