Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Visit from the Fam

My second weeekend in Missouri my mom, sister Becky and baby Nate Dawg came out for a visit. They came out to Columbia to check out the town and see my new pad, then we went to Kansas City for the weekend. Kansas City has a very family friendly downtown area. We took a little tour downtown and then went to the Hallmark Gold Crown Center Mall. There were cute fountains with music/water shows going on. Little Nate loved the Clifford exhibit at the mall. We also went through the Hallmark museum. It was pretty cool. And what is a trip to Kansas City without some succulant BBQ ribs? We went to Oklahoma Joes, a famous BBQ place and had some tender ribs, meat falling from the bone, dripping in delicious sauce! I'm still undecided whether this BBQ beat Jack Stax (the BBQ I had in Kansas City in April) or the Nashville BBQ... but it was pretty good!

Britney (my sister's good friend living in KC) and I with Baby Nate Dawg in front of his beloved Clifford exhibit

I saw this giant greeting card in the Hallmark museum and decided that I want to give it to people for thier birthdays because it speaks the truth... don't be surprised if you see these pictures again on your birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment