Yesterday marked the first frost of the season here in Missouri. It was quite exciting! I brought out my coat for the first time since the move and happily scraped the frost from my windshield before work. When I got to work my supervisor said, "You probably feel like you're in Minnesota this morning." Not quite -- but I sure do love a cold, snowy winter! Maybe its because I grew up just outside of Syracuse, consistently one of the snowiest cities in the continental U.S., or maybe its just because I like wearing sweatshirts and cuddling up in my blankets when its cold outside -- no matter what the reason, I love the winter and I am excited for it to come! Winter brings back many fond memories of early morning seminary -- when the doors to the car would be frozen shut at 5:45am, scraping a hole just big enough to see out of on the windshield before hitting the road to church, praying the phone would ring in the middle of seminary signifying that school was delayed or canceled, wearing socks with my adidas sandals, and volleyball season!
One thing I am not looking forward to this winter is having to drive 30 minutes to Jefferson City to go ice skating... there is not a single ice skating rink (indoor or outdoor) in Columbia. I think I was spoiled in Minneapolis, where I could get out my skates and go to the nearest park to skate for free whenever I felt like it. I have come to realize that I NEED a winter, and those places that do not offer me the anticipation of snow days, ice skating, and cozy winter nights by the fire are slowly starting to get lower and lower on my list of places to look for jobs.
First frost...
I love you chis...I just love you...
ReplyDelete